Reading and Literacy Added Authorization Program, How to Apply
In the right place? Interested in the Online Only Reading Certificate? For information on the online version of this program visit the College of Extended Studies Reading Certificate web page.
How to Get Assistance
- If you have questions about the application process, email Dr. Marva Cappello ([email protected]). For program information, visit the Reading Specialist Added Authorization web page.
- Learn more about added authorizations on the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC) website.
Steps to Apply
Follow the steps below to apply to the Reading and Literacy Added Authorization Program:
- You must first apply to the California State University via Cal State Apply.
- Next, request official transcripts.
- Then, apply to the SDSU College of Education program which offers the added authorization you seek.
1. Cal State Apply
For assistance, see Tips on Completing the Cal State Apply University Application.
2. Request official transcripts
Request that your official transcripts be sent to SDSU, following instructions on our Submit Test Scores and Transcripts page.
3. Program application
Gather items requested in program application
Please gather the items below and have them ready to upload to the program application:
- Statement of Purpose: Write a Statement of Purpose essay based on this prompt - "What are your professional goals, and how do you expect this graduate program to help you meet those goals?" Your essay should be 2 pages maximum, using a size 12 font.
- Letter of Recommendation: Contact one individual who you have interacted with professionally and would be able to write a letter of recommendation for you. Recommenders will submit their letters directly into the Online Program application.
Submit your program application online
- Your program application has been created in a system called Interfolio. For help, refer to this Interfolio Tutorial (PDF).