Child Development (M.S.) with a Concentration in Early Childhood Mental Health and LPCC Program Application
Steps to Apply
Follow the steps below to apply to the Child Development (M.S.) in ECMH (LPCC) Program:
- Apply to the California State University via Cal State Apply.
- Request official transcripts.
- Apply to the SDSU College of Education program which offers the degree you seek.
1. Cal State Apply
For assistance, see Tips on Completing the Cal State Apply University Application.
2. Request official transcripts
Request that your official transcripts be sent to SDSU, following instructions on our Submit Test Scores and Transcripts page.
3. Program application
Gather required items
Please gather the items below and have them ready to upload:
Please download and complete this Language Background form (PDF) with your application.
Please provide one example of your academic writing. Research or literature review papers are preferred. This requirement applies to all applicants.
Contact 3 individuals who you have interacted with professionally and who would be able to write a letter of recommendation for you. Recommenders will submit their letters directly into the Online Program application.
In a 2-page, double-spaced essay, please explain the following:
- Background: Describe what in your life has influenced your decision to pursue an LPCC program in early childhood and mental health.
- Career Perception and Goals: What type of role and/or settings do you see yourself working in professionally after you become an LPCC? Please be as specific as possible regarding the settings and function of your desired future role.
- Strengths and Areas to Improve: Describe yourself candidly in terms of your strengths and areas to improve regarding emotional, social, and intellectual activities.
Submit your program application online
Access the Online Program Application