Learn about our various programs and initiatives relevant to the local, transborder, national, and international work we do “to make a difference in the lives of the people we serve.”
In alignment with SDSU's strategic priorities, this space intends to further SDSU’s goals to:
- Infuse “equity and inclusion in everything we do;”
- Become “a global leader in advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in research, teaching, and in the community,” and...
- Prepare the “global citizens, compassionate leaders, and ethical innovators who will impact the San Diego region and beyond” (President Adela de la Torre).
The merging of diversity, equity, inclusion and international affairs reflects Dean Y. Barry Chung’s strategic vision to emphasize how diversity, equity, and inclusion is intimately related to the global dimensions of contemporary societies.
We continue to advance the interdisciplinary and exciting field of education —and its related service professions— by infusing “diversity, equity, and inclusion into everything we do.” Also, by engaging with the global community through meaningful and strategic programs and partnerships that benefit not only our students, faculty, and staff community, but also the communities we have the privilege to serve.
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- I Can't Breathe: A Message to the College of Education Community
- COMMENTARY: Anti-Asian Hate in Light of COVID-19 Hurts All of Us
- CFA Statement of Anti-racism and Social Justice Demands in the Wake of Anti-black Racism, Violence, and Murder
- Open Letter from Commission on Teacher Credentialing to help move forward the dialogue on combating racism in teacher education
For further information on Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI) & International Affairs (IA) programs and opportunities, please contact Dr. Cristian Aquino-Sterling, Associate Professor and Associate Dean for Diversity and International Affairs for the San Diego State University College of Education.
For questions and/or comments about the website, please contact Mrs. Cecy Beltrán, Administrative Support Coordinator for the San Diego State University College of Education.