Mental Health Recovery & Trauma-Informed Care Certificate Program Application
How to Get Assistance
If you are interested in the Master's program, visit Online M.A. Education with a Concentration in Counseling.
The university application link is www.calstate.edu/apply
Steps to Apply
1. Submit the Cal State Apply application
For assistance, see Tips on Completing the Cal State Apply University Application.
2. Request official transcripts
Request that your official transcripts be sent to SDSU, following instructions on our Submit Test Scores and Transcripts page.
3. Submit the Program application
Gather the required items below and have them ready to upload to the Program application:
Note: the GRE is NOT required if you are applying to the Certificate only program.
- Personal Statement: Write a 2- to 3-page personal statement based on the following prompts:
- What interests you about this Certificate program compared to other training programs?
- What personal experiences have been important in helping you prepare to be a mental health professional, counselor, or educator?
- What unique multicultural experiences have you experienced in your life that have been meaningful to you in preparing to work as a mental health professional, counselor, or educator?
- What specific events, in your schooling or working life, stand out to you as important stepping stones for training to be a mental health professional, counselor, or educator?
- Unofficial transcript: Download unofficial transcripts (or scan a paper transcript) for every institution, one file per institution, and be prepared to upload to the online program application. This is in addition to, not a substitution for, having official transcripts sent to SDSU Graduate Admissions office.
Submit your Program Application:
- Your program application has been created in a system called Interfolio. For help, refer to this Interfolio Tutorial (PDF).