CBB - Frequently Asked Questions
- Mondays at the Dede Alpert Center in City Heights (where CBB interviews took place)
- Tuesday night is on SDSU campus
- Wednesday is in Barrio Logan (Beckworth Library/
Educational Cultural Complex).
- Thursday & Friday at your fieldwork site
A cohort of approximately 30 students will take all classes together, all day Monday and Wednesday, with research class on Tuesday night).
Year 2 will be specialized according to your focus of study and the group will be split accordingly. During both years, fieldwork hours are required.
The standard tuition cost is about $8K per academic year. The total cost of enrollment including tuition, books, food, housing, transportation, etc. can vary according to your housing status. Please refer to the SDSU Cost of Attendance page. Financial aid, scholarships and grants are also available for students who demonstrate need.
If you need financial aid, Remember to submit your FAFSA
form between January 1 and the beginning of March. See the College of Education page on Financial Aid and Scholarships for more information.
If you are an out-of-state or international applicant, request CA residency requirements ASAP, so you can qualify for in-state tuition as soon as you possibly can.
Prospective Student Center
- Take courses to improve GPA
- Seek therapy for yourself
- Gain experiences in your area of interest related to social justice/counseling
- Visit a class
- We value authenticity, openness and
honesty. Share your interpersonal
challenges, as well as your strengths in
your personal statement.
- Get letters of recommendation from people who really
know you and are authentic.