Project BEAMS involves SPs & SEs in interdisciplinary training and shared collaboration via:
- Research-based courses in Autism, Ethics, & Applied Behavioral Analysis;
- Seminars to discuss readings, give cross-disciplinary presentations, and practice collaboration;
- Clinical practicum, with paired SPs & SEs providing intensive interventions in classrooms;
- Summer institutes, to learn about leading research (Day 1) and build capacity around mental health services (Day 2)
- Co-attendance at professional conferences.
Project competencies include:
BEAMS Conceptual Training Model: Each supportive BEAM comprises overarching competencies needed to become a “collaborative professional” who is able to deliver effective, inclusive, and coordinated teaching practices (adapted from Columbia College (Division of Education, 2012).
Please contact Dr. Katina Lambros ([email protected]) for more information and/or a BEAMS application.