Programs of Study
- Preliminary Administrative Services Credential Program: this credential authorizes the holder to provide administrative services for grades K-12 including development and assessment of instructional programs; management of school site, district, or county fiscal services and hiring, assigning, supervising, and evaluating certificated and classified personnel; providing discipline to students and employees; development of student support services
- Online Preliminary Administrative Services Credential
- Clear Administrative Services Credential Program: this program offers novice administrators professional development grounded in real work for the schools and districts they serve and informed by the leadership systems and practices found in America’s highest performing schools.
Master of Arts Program
- M.A. in PK-12 Educational Leadership with Preliminary Administrative Services Credential Option: this program requires students to complete coursework required for the Preliminary Administrative Services Credential (above), plus: 9 additional units related to research and completion of an action research project.
- M.A. in Educational Leadership (online) with Technology Focus : the Online Master of Arts degree in Education with a Concentration in Educational Leadership and a Specialization in PreK-12 is a collaboration between San Diego State University and the San Diego County Office of Education. All courses in this program are taught with a focus on technology.
- M.A. in Education w/ Teacher Leadership Concentration: this program is intended to prepare effective classroom teachers for new leadership roles in their schools by providing them with new knowledge and leadership skills, furthering a sense of inquiry within the realm of school change, and providing a scholarly community of educators with similar career goals and trajectories.
Graduate Credit Option
- International Inclusive Leadership Program: this is a 5-course program through SDSU that prepares participants to lead teams in the design and delivery of effective accommodations, modifications, and interventions within general education settings. Participants can choose to complete the courses for professional learning only or for university credit.
- Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership (Ed.D.) - PK-12 Concentration: this doctorate is designed as a professional doctorate degree within which carefully selected student cohorts develop advanced research and leadership skills related to their institutional settings.
- Note: for information about the community college/
post-secondary concentration, see below.
SDSU also offers a doctoral program in educational leadership through the Department of Administration, Rehabilitation, and Postsecondary Education (ARPE). The Doctorate in Education (Ed.D.) Program in Educational Leadership, with Community