California has a 2-tier credential structure. A 5-year preliminary credential is the first credential issued after an individual meets basic credential requirements. A clear credential is issued when all credential requirements have been completed.
The SDSU Department of Educational Leadership, in conjunction with its National Center for Urban School Transformation (NCUST), offers the clear administrative services credential program.
This program, fully accredited by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing, offers novice administrators professional development grounded in the real work for the schools and districts th
- One-on-one guidance provided by an experienced administrator coach
- Clear your credential at one of the nation’s top universities
- Rich opportunities to learn directly from administrators leading high-performing urban schools through attendance at the NCUST Symposium and guided visits to NCUST’s award-winning schools
- Job-embedded professional development as novice administrators identify a real problem of practice in their schools/ districts, articulate measurable goals for its resolution, and create and implement a plan of action
- Participation in a network of other novice administrators designed to support leadership growth and development as participants learn from, support, and challenge one another
View the course sequence for the Clear Administrative Services Credential Program.
- Complete program application (see below)
- Possess a valid Preliminary Administrative Services Credential
- Employment in a full-time administrative position in a California public school, nonpublic school, or private school of equivalent status
How to Apply
There are 2 separate applications for the Clear Administrative Services Credential Program:
- District General Application (If you are employed by a district listed here, you will complete this application. Please note that admissions approval from your district office is required before submitting the application.)
- San Diego Unified School District
- Grossmont Unified School District
- Mount Diablo Unified School District
- Chula Vista Unified School District
- Sweetwater Union High School District
- If your district is not mentioned under the district application above, you will complete the general application.
- For more about the NCUST application, visit NCUST website.
- Fall Semester Start: September 30th
- Spring Semester Start: March 1st
For additional assistance contact Rachael Stewart, Program Administrative Assistant.