Candidates issued their initial Preliminary Administrative Services Credential effective July 1, 2015 or later must complete a two-year Administrative Services Induction program to earn a Clear Administrative Services Credential. We will assist you to develop the skills required by California Professional Standards for Educational Leaders (CPSELs) with individualized, job-embedded support and guidance through a blended model of one-on-one expert coaching, network meetings, and rich professional learning opportunities.
This combination of supports will offer you both confidential growth opportunities addressing specific learning goals and needs with an experienced leader, as well as opportunities to engage in non-competitive collective learning with peers who are facing similar work.
The Department of Educational Leadership (EDL) faculty is confident that you will be successful in making schools better places. Induction is a time when you will develop as a leader. It is also an opportunity to reflect as a new leader in a new role. You will identify your individual learning needs in your quest to become an effective, equity-driven school leader. Your success in the program will be influenced by your commitment to your school community and self-reflective work.
- One-on-one guidance provided by an experienced administrator coach
- Clear your credential at one of the nation’s top universities
- Rich opportunities to learn directly from administrators leading high-performing urban schools through attendance at the NCUST Symposium and guided visits to NCUST’s award-winning schools
- Job-embedded professional development as novice administrators identify a real problem of practice in their schools/ districts, articulate measurable goals for its resolution, and create and implement a plan of action
- Participation in a network of other novice administrators designed to support leadership growth and development as participants learn from, support, and challenge one another
View the course sequence for the Clear Administrative Services Credential Program.
- Complete program application (see below)
- Possess a valid Preliminary Administrative Services Credential
- Employment in a full-time administrative position in a California public school, nonpublic school, or private school of equivalent status
How to Apply
There are 2 separate applications for the Clear Administrative Services Credential Program:
- District General Application (If you are employed by a district listed here, you will complete this application. Please note that admissions approval from your district office is required before submitting the application.)
- San Diego Unified School District
- Grossmont Unified School District
- Mount Diablo Unified School District
- Chula Vista Unified School District
- Sweetwater Union High School District
- If your district is not mentioned under the district application above, you will complete the general application.
- For more about the NCUST application, visit NCUST website.
- Fall Semester Start: September 30th
- Spring Semester Start: March 1st
For additional assistance contact Rachael Stewart, Program Administrative Assistant.