Mission & Vision
The mission of the Center for Family, School, and Community Engagement (FSaCE) is to support families, schools, and community partners in working together to improve educational outcomes while enhancing confidence, a sense of safety, and self-esteem (social emotional well-being) in children and youth.
The center focuses on engaging families, schools, and community partners in working together to develop parent leadership, promote trauma-informed practices, evaluate programs, and share new research to support the healthy development and school success of children and youth.
We envision parents from all backgrounds, educators, and supportive communities working together to:
- enhance the development of children and youth
- close the achievement gap
- ensure graduation from high school
- support the pursue of college/career options.
We envision parent leaders who are prepared to work with educators to:
- reach out and engage other parents.
We envision educators who are prepared to:
- welcome parents as allies and welcome their communities as supporters.
We envision parent leaders and educators
- having the knowledge and tools to identify warning signs of stress, trauma, or mental health.
We envision parent leaders and educators working together to
- support the physical, emotional, and mental health of children and youth.