The SDSU Literacy Center is happy to partner with schools and districts to provide single- or multiple-session professional development services, either at our site in City Heights or at your school site.
Our areas of expertise include the following:
- Academic vocabulary
- Action research in literacy contexts, K-college
- Biliteracy/Dual Language Education
- Creative writing at all levels, K-adult
- Critical literacy practices at all levels, K-college
- Differentiated literacy instruction
- Engagement of elementary, middle, and high school students in English Language Arts
- Guided reading
- Literacy-based assessment at all levels, K-college
- Partner-based English Language Arts practices for elementary, middle, and high school students
- Project-based English Language Arts practices at all levels, K-college
- Reading and writing intervention at all levels, K-adult
- Visual-based literacy strategies for all levels, K-12
Please contact us at [email protected] for information on how to schedule professional development sessions.