STEM Exploration Day
Friday, November 8, 2019
San Diego State University
Celebrate National STEM Day with us on Friday November 8, 2019. This opportunity is focused for our 9th and 10th grade students at partner schools to explore Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
Attention students: applications are due on October 3, 2019 to your PCI Advisor or Teacher.
If you wouldlike to partner with us to host a hands-on workshop, donate or sponsor, please contact Nadia Rohlinger at [email protected] or 619-594-1683.
Workshops for November 8, 2019:
- RP Oceans Lab
- Scripps Translational Institute - Exploring Sun Damage
- Hip Hop Math
- Beta Alpha Psi - Accounting
- Sediment Microbial Fuel Cells
STEM Exploration Day on Friday, March 15, 2019
We welcomed about 300 high school students from 14 partner schools in San Diego to partipate in a day to explore labs and experience hands-on Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics. Thank you to the workshop hosts, sponsors, staff, students and supporters who made the event a success for our students.
Workshop presentations included
- Biochemistry Lab with Dr. Huxford
- Life Science Alive- Scripps Research Translational Institute
- Financial Literacy-Beta Alpha Psi
- Biochemistry Lab with Dr. Sohl and Sati Alexander
- STEM Majors and Careers exploration
- Physical Therapy
- Experimental Theatre
- A Day in the Life of a Marine Biologist
- Hip Hop Math- Dr. Rob
- Stacking Cups, Cyber Security, How a Ball Falls
- Egg Drop
- Impact of Neuroengineering on patients with spinal cord injuries