STEM Exploration Day
Friday, November 8, 2019
San Diego State University
Celebrate National STEM Day with us on Friday November 8, 2019. This opportunity is focused for our 9th and 10th grade students at partner schools to explore Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
Attention students: applications are due on October 23, 2019 to your PCI Advisor or Teacher.
If you wouldlike to partner with us to host a hands-on workshop, donate or sponsor, please contact Nadia Rohlinger at [email protected] or 619-594-1683.
Workshops for November 8, 2019:
- RP Oceans Lab
- Scripps Translational Institute - Exploring Sun Damage
- Hip Hop Math
- Beta Alpha Psi - Accounting
- Sediment Microbial Fuel Cells
- Chemistry hands-on molecular modeling workshop
- Experimental Theater
- Biochemistry Labratory
- Structural Biochemistry Labratory
- Experimental Mechanics Laboratory
- Physics and egg drop experiment
Last event, we welcomed about 300 high school students from 14 partner schools in San Diego to partipate in a day to explore labs and experience hands-on Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics with current SDSU students, faculty, staff and industry leaders. Thank you to the workshop hosts, sponsors, staff, students, chaperones, and supporters who made the event a success for our students.