Applications now closed for Fall 2020!
Interested in Joining our UB/HCOP Family? Open enrollment is now closed for the current semester. Open enrollment for the Spring semester will start in January of 2021.
If you are interested in applying for the waiting list, please complete this interest form and a staff representative will contact you to provide more information. Thank you for your interest.
The SDSU Upward Bound Program/HCOP Academy is funded to serve 167 San Diego County students during the academic year and the summer. We are at eight high schools listed below.
The program consists of two closely related parts: a six-week summer experience on the SDSU campus and an academic year follow-up, which is an opportunity for students to continue to participate in the program.
SDSU Upward Bound/ HCOP Services:
- $3,400 Scholarship to cover expenses for participation in Six-Week Summer Experience (includes 3-week residential program) to include exciting motivational sessions, educational and cultural activities and study skills development while receiving credit towards high school graduation requirements.
- Assistance with college and financial aid (FAFSA) applications, scholarship searches and applications.
- Preparation for college entrance exams (SAT and ACT). Exploration of career options and completion of a career interest inventory.
- Visits to local and other four-year universities throughout Southern California.
- Pre-internship and Internship Opportunities during Six-Week Summer Experience.
- Symposium presentation opportunities.