What is UB/HCOP? - PSA by the Education Group, Virtual Summer Academy 2020.
Visit our Student Gallery to view more!
Ready to speak with a staff member? Fill out an interest form!
Ready to enroll? Apply now! (Spanish: ¡Aplica ya!)
Ready to learn more about UB/HCOP? Attend an info session!
The SDSU Upward Bound Program/HCOP Academy is funded to serve 167 San Diego County students during the academic year and the summer. We are at nine high schools in the area.
The program consists of two closely related parts: a six-week summer experience on the SDSU campus and an academic year follow-up, which is an opportunity for students to continue to participate in the program.
SDSU Upward Bound/ HCOP Services:
- $3,400 Scholarship to cover expenses for participation in Six-Week Summer Experience (includes 3-week residential program) to include exciting motivational sessions, educational and cultural activities and study skills development while receiving credit towards high school graduation requirements.
- Assistance with college and financial aid (FAFSA) applications, scholarship searches and applications.
- Preparation for college entrance exams (SAT and ACT). Exploration of career options and completion of a career interest inventory.
- Visits to local and other four-year universities throughout Southern California.
- Pre-internship and Internship Opportunities during Six-Week Summer Experience.
- Symposium presentation opportunities.