Learn how apply to a program of study in the Department of Special Education.
Submit Your Application
Complete the appropriate application:
- Early Childhood
- Advanced Certificate in Behavior Analysis
- Transition Specialist Certificate Program
- Early Childhood Special Education Authorization
For masters, credential, and certificate applicants, priority will given to those who apply to Cal State Apply and the Department by the February 1st deadline. If space permits, applicants will be considered until March 1st. No applications will be accepted after March 1st.
Full-Time or Part-Time
On your application you will be indicating whether you prefer the full-time or part-time program. We recommend the full-time program, but understand that it is not possible for everyone. Both programs are designed to accommodate cohorts, and both follow a specific schedule. Although referred to as "part-time," that program requires approximately 11 units per term for 4 terms and you will be registered as a full-time student within the university.
Both the full-time and part-time programs require experience (practica) with students receiving special education services in your credential area every term.
- If you elect the part-time program, you will take 5 additional units over the 2-year period to meet the practicum requirement.
- Spring is a 3-semester program.