About ARPE and Interwork Institute
The Department of Administration, Rehabilitation and Postsecondary Education (ARPE) and the Interwork Institute promotes the integration of all individuals, including those with disabilities, into all aspects of education, work, family, and community life. The Institute conducts research, training, and education using a variety of strategies including distance learning technologies. Current efforts include promoting universal design and full integration of all individuals in our communities. Education and research efforts involve organizations and individuals in all states, tribal communities, the Pacific Basin, Asia, and Europe. Faculty and staff associated with the Department and the Institute are uniquely prepared to promote the meaningful participation and productivity of each member of the community. The Department's and the Institute's mission is supported through local, state, federal, and international organizations.
ARPE and Interwork Institute
Enable individuals, organizations and communities to support, appreciate, and engage diverse members in community integration through education, research, and advocacy.
- Passion for what we do every day.
- Commitment to make positive differences in the lives of every person we touch.
- Commitment to equity-mindedness and institutional responsibility.
- Commitment to critically question and change processes, systems, and outcomes.
- Inclusion of every person, including those with disabilities and from every race/ethnicity and gender identity, in all aspects of our community.