Bilingual Added Authorization Program, How to Apply
How to Get Assistance
- If you have questions about the application process or program itself, contact the contact the Department of Dual Language and English Learner Education (DLE) at [email protected].
- Learn more about added authorizations on the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC) website.
Steps to Apply
Follow the steps below to apply to the Bilingual Added Authorization Program:
- You must first apply to the California State University via Cal State Apply.
- Next, request official transcripts.
- Then, submit additional requested items to the Department of Dual Language and English Learner Education (DLE).
1. Cal State Apply
For assistance, see Tips on Completing the Cal State Apply University Application.
2. Request official transcripts
Request that your official transcripts be sent to SDSU, following instructions on our Submit Test Scores and Transcripts page.
3. Submit additional items requested by department
A Program application is not available for this program. Instead, the following items need to be submitted to the Department of Dual Language and English Learner Education (DLE) in EBA 248 (map):
- Teaching Background Form: Complete the Teaching Background Form (PDF).
- Statement of Purpose: Write a Statement of Purpose essay based on this prompt -
- What are your professional goals, and how do you expect this graduate program to help you meet those goals?
- Your essay should be 2 pages maximum, using a size 12 font.
- Letter of Recommendation: Contact one individual who you have interacted with professionally and would be able to write a letter of recommendation for you.
- Printout of Credential: Please print out your current valid credential from the CCTC web site. Please be sure this printout includes the document number of your credential.