Educational Leadership: Concentration in Community College/
Postsecondary Education Leadership (Ed.D.) Program Application
Department of Administration, Rehabilitation, & Postsecondary Education (ARPE)
The SDSU Educational Leadership program is designed to admit candidates who meet the academic requirements for rigorous doctoral study and who possess personal qualities and professional experiences that suggest a strong potential for success both as doctoral students and as educational leaders.
Applicants must possess:
- An earned baccalaureate and master's degree or equivalent from a regionally accredited institution of higher education with a cumulative GPA in upper division and graduate study of 3.0 or above
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores that are no older than 5 years
- Demonstrated leadership experience in Community Colleges or a related setting
- Demonstrated academic excellence, problem-solving ability, and an interest in critically assessing and bringing about improvements within current educational policies and practices
Important Dates for Fall 2019
Applications take place in 2 cycles: Priority Review and Normal Review
|1. Cal State Apply application||
|2. Transcripts due||
Steps to Apply
Follow the steps below to apply to the Educational Leadership: Concentration in Community College/
- You must first apply to the California State University via Cal State Apply.
- Next, request official transcripts.
- Then, apply to the SDSU College of Education program which offers the credential you seek.
1. Submit Cal State Apply
For assistance, see Tips on Completing the Cal State Apply University Application.
2. Request official transcripts
Request that your official transcripts be sent to SDSU, following instructions on our Submit Test Scores and Transcripts page.
3. Apply to the Program
Submit the required documents as directed below:
In addition to transcripts and GRE scores, the documents below should be submitted directly to Dr. Wendy Bracken at [email protected]