Early Childhood Special Education Added Authorization
Learn about the Early Childhood Special Education Added Authorization.
This CCTC-approved Added Authorization that can be added to a Level II Specialist Credential in Special Education. The Added Authorization extends credential authorization from age 5 down to birth.
Although designed for those with credentials in Mild/
Students interested in the Early Childhood Added Authorization must take the CBEST, and have experience in a related area such as liberal arts, child development, or a child development course.
Certificate coursework (19-21 units) includes:
- SPED 528: Young Children with Disabilities and Their Families
- SPED 635: Assessment: Early Childhood Special Education & Moderate/
- SPED 643A: Educational Programs & Services for Young Children with Disabilities: Preschoolers
- SPED 643B: Educational Programs & Services for Young Children with Disabilities: Infants/
- SPED 980D*: Practicum: Students with Disabilities in Regular & Special Education:
Toddlers or Preschoolers