Reading and Literacy Leadership Specialist Credential Application Process
Learn how to apply to the Reading and Literacy Leadership Specialist Credential Program.
Steps to Apply
1. Submit the Cal State Apply application
For assistance, see Tips on Completing the Cal State Apply University Application.
2. Request official transcripts
Request that your official transcripts be sent to SDSU, following instructions on our Submit Official Transcripts page.
3. Submit the Program application
Gather items requested in program application
Please gather the items below and have them ready to upload to the program application:
- Statement of Purpose: Write a Statement of Purpose based on this prompt - "What are your professional goals, and how do you expect this graduate program to help you meet those goals?" Your essay should be 2 pages maximum, using a size 12 font.
- Letter of Recommendation: Contact one individual who you have interacted with professionally and would be able
to write a letter of recommendation for you.
Please collect their name and email address so you are ready to request the letter in the Program application. Recommenders will submit their letters directly into the online Program application.
Submit your program application online
- Your program application has been created in a system called Interfolio. For help, refer to this Interfolio Tutorial (PDF).