Study Abroad with the College of Education
Many academic programs at SDSU have a global education requirement. Education abroad programs provide students with the knowledge, understanding, and skills that are essential to a 21st century college education. Studying abroad is an exciting, challenging, and rewarding experience that transforms students and opens doors to new opportunities in life.
Why Study Abroad?
Discover new ways to adapt, grow, and gain perspective
You'll learn flexibility, adaptability, and new ways of doing things as you adjust to living in a new culture. And you'll learn to see the United States from a different perspective.
Develop communication skills and cross-cultural competence
Learn to communicate effectively and work with groups from diverse backgrounds. Develop cross-cultural competence that will set you apart on a resumé, in a job interview, and in a future career teaching a diverse classroom.
Explore opportunities to pursue personal goals
Explore personal goals such as learning a new language or becoming more fluent, exploring a culture related to your ancestry, learning about the art and music of your host country.
See the world! Have fun!
Travel is always exciting. In addition to learning, growing, and experiencing a new way of life, you're bound to find fun and adventure!
Questions to Discuss with a Global Education Advisor
Meeting with a global education advisor is an essential step in the study abroad process. Several of your questions will be answered.
- How will I pay for study abroad?
- What goals do I have for my study abroad experience?
- What are my program's study abroad requirements, and does the study abroad option I'm considering fulfill those requirements?
- What should I discuss with my family/parents?
- How do I choose a study abroad option that will fit my goals as well as my major requirement?
- What questions do I have for the study abroad advisor that the Aztecs Abroad website cannot answer?