The Department of Special Education (SPED) has a primary mission to contribute to improved school and life experiences for individuals with exceptionalities and for their families, including those who are learning English or are from diverse backgrounds.
We also offer certificate programs in several areas including the Behavior Analyst Advanced Certificate.
We are expanding our presence in the various doctoral programs at SDSU as well. Our faculty have strong involvement in research and school district partnerships.
SPED Academic Programs
Preliminary teacher credentials
- Early Childhood Special Education Specialization
- Mild/Moderate Special Education Specialization
- Moderate/Severe Special Education Specialization
Clear education specialist credential
Certificates and added authorizations
You Can Make a Difference!
These SPED programs and initiatives need your support:
- Education Specialist Scholarship Fund
- Keeping on the Cutting Edge Fund
- SDSU Center for Autism and Development Disorders