Master's in Education, Dual Language and English Learner Ed: Critical Literacy and Social Justice Specialization (M.A.) Program Application
Learn how to apply to the Master's in Education, Dual Language and English Learner Ed: Critical Literacy and Social Justice Specialization (M.A.).
Steps to Apply
1. Submit the Cal State Apply application
Before you begin the Program Application (below), you must have completed the Cal State Apply application. (If you have already completed the Cal State Apply application, skip directly to the next step: "Apply to the Program.")
2. Request official transcripts
Request that your official transcripts be sent to SDSU, following instructions on our Submit Official Transcripts page.
GRE Requirement Suspended for Spring and Fall 2021
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, SDSU has suspended the requirement that applicants for graduate study submit GRE scores for the Spring and Fall 2021 admissions cycle. If you have any questions about this policy, please contact the program advisor.
3. Apply to the Program by submitting the Program application
Please gather the required items below and have them ready to upload tot he Program application:
Upload an approximately 500-800 word writing sample (double-spaced using a 12 point font or larger) that addresses the following:
1. Your background or experiences working with diverse populations, particularly in schools and community settings
2. Your goals as a graduate student and education professional
3. Any additional information concerning your preparation, intent, or background that is pertinent to this graduate program.
We use the statement of purpose to get to know more about you and also as a writing sample. Take some time to organize your thoughts before writing and review it carefully afterwards.
Contact 2 individuals who you have interacted with both academically and/
Please collect names and email addresses so you are ready to request these letters in the Program application.
Access the Online Program Application
- Your program application has been created in a system called Interfolio. For help, refer to this Interfolio Tutorial (PDF).