Child Development (M.S.) & LPCC
How to Apply
The GRE is no longer required to apply to this program.
Important Dates for Fall 2024
|1. Cal State Apply application
(opens October 1 each year)
December 1, 2023
|2. Interfolio program application
|January 14, 2024
|3. Official transcripts due
|December 15, 2023
NOTE: You apply for fall 2024 even though the program starts in the summer.
Steps 1-4: Admission to SDSU
Steps 1-4 must be completed through the SDSU Graduate Admissions Office.
- Get general help and tips on how to complete the Cal State Apply application.
Step 5: Admission to Program
Your program application has been created in a system called Interfolio. For help, refer to this Interfolio Tutorial (PDF).
Please gather the required program-specific documents below and have them ready to upload to the Interfolio program application.
Please follow the instructions in this Resume Guidelines document (PDF).
Please download and complete this Language Background form (PDF) with your application.
Complete the Prerequisite Coursework form (PDF).
Please provide 3 recommendations from individuals with whom you have interacted professionally (academic, employment, or clinical settings) using the recommendation form (linked below). It is recommended that at least one letter come from a professor or someone who can speak to your academic abilities and one from someone who can directly address your interactions/experiences with children, families, or other groups.
The CFD faculty would like recommenders to use this recommendation form. Please download this form and provide it to your recommenders as the application system is not able to send this to them.
Please collect the name and email address of your recommenders to enter into the Interfolio program application and provide them the link to the recommendation form. Recommenders will upload this completed form directly into the Interfolio program application.
In a 4 page, double-spaced essay, please explain the following:
- Background: Describe what in your life has influenced your decision to pursue a career in the mental health field.
- Specialization: Describe your specific interest in the program’s specialization in early childhood mental health.
- Diversity statement: We seek a talented, engaged student body that embodies the wide range of human experience; we believe that the diversity of our students makes our community stronger. If you’d like to share a perspective you bring or experiences you’ve had to help us understand you better-perhaps related to a community you belong to, your sexual orientation or gender identity, or your family or cultural background-we encourage you to do so. Real people are reading your application, and we want to do our best to understand and appreciate the real people applying to our program. You can also address the following prompt: What does diversity mean to you and how do you interact within a diverse community? (250 word limit)
Get in Touch
Application Process Questions
- Contact the graduate advisor: [email protected]