Study Abroad Advising
The Global Cultural Experience office offers study abroad advising through phone, email, or Zoom video conferencing.
Advising is offered for all SDSU students enrolled in College of Education (COE) programs, prospective COE students, or for any SDSU student interested in a COE-sponsored study abroad experience.
Dr. Sarah Maheronnaghsh
Dr. Maheronnaghsh is the Global Cultural Experience coordinator and a lecturer in the Department of Dual Language and English Learner Education. She is thrilled to play a role in designing and implementing study abroad experiences for students within the College of Education. She particularly enjoys being a witness to the transformations that take place both during and after the variety of study abroad programs offered by the college.
Questions to Discuss with the Advisor
Meeting with an advisor is an essential step in the process, several of your questions will be answered.
- How will I pay for study abroad?
- What goals do I have for my study abroad experience?
- What are my program's study abroad requirements, and does the study abroad option I'm considering fulfill those requirements?
- What should I discuss with my family/
- How do I choose a study abroad that will fit my goals as well as my major requirement?
- What questions do I have for a study abroad advisor that the website cannot answer?
Submit an interest form, and we'll be in touch with more information.