Co-Occurring Disorders Certificate Program, How to Apply
Learn how to apply to the Co-Occurring Disorders Certificate Program.
How to Get Assistance
Steps to Apply
1. Submit the Cal State Apply application
For assistance, see Tips on Completing the Cal State Apply University Application.
2. Request official transcripts
Request that your official transcripts be sent to SDSU, following instructions on our Submit Official Transcripts page.
3. Submit the Program application
Gather required items
Gather the items below and have them ready to upload to the program application:
- Resumé/CV: Upload a copy of your current resumé or Curriculum Vitae.
- Essay: Write a two-to-three-page essay describing why you would like to be included in the advanced certificate in co-occurring disorders, what you hope to gain through completing the program, and how you will use your new knowledge and skills.
- Unofficial transcripts: Upload a copy of your unofficial transcripts to the Program Application.
- Two Letters of Recommendation: These letters are required if you are applying to the certificate only. If you have submitted letters of recommendation for another Master's degree program application this term or are currently enrolled in a Master's degree at SDSU, then these letters are not required.
Submit your program application online
- Your program application has been created in a system called Interfolio. For help, refer to this Interfolio Tutorial (PDF).