English Language Development for Academic Literacy Certificate Program, How to Apply
Learn how to apply to the English Language Development for Academic Literacy Certificate Program.
How to Get Assistance
Steps to Apply
1. Submit the Cal State Apply application
For assistance, see Tips on Completing the Cal State Apply University Application.
2. Request official transcripts
Request that your official transcripts be sent to SDSU, following instructions on our Submit Test Scores and Transcripts page.
3. Submit the Program application
Gather required items
Gather the items below and have them ready to upload to the program application:
- Teaching Credential: If you have a credential please enter the Credential Document Number from your teaching credential in the Program application. If you are in the process of finishing a credential program, you can enter the date when you will be finished. A teaching credential is not required for this program.
- Statement of Purpose: Upload a 500-800 word writing sample (double-spaced with 12-point font) that addresses
- Your background or experiences working in diverse school and community settings
- How the certificate program can contribute to your further learning and development
- Your goals as a graduate student and educational professional
- Letter of Recommendation: Contact one individual who you have interacted with professionally and would be able to write a letter of recommendation for you regarding your experience with English Language Learners. Recommenders will submit their letters directly into the Online Program application.
Submit your program application online
- Your program application has been created in a system called Interfolio. For help, refer to this Interfolio Tutorial (PDF).