Child Development (M.S.) Program Application
Find application information for the Child Development (M.S.) Program, as well as required supplemental documents.
Note: Priority consideration given to those candidates that submit both applications (Cal State Apply and program application) by February 15, 2019.
Steps to Apply
Follow the steps below to apply to the Child Development (M.S.) Program:
- Apply to the California State University via Cal State Apply.
- Request official transcripts.
- Apply to the SDSU College of Education program which offers the degree you seek.
1. Cal State Apply
For assistance, see Tips on Completing the Cal State Apply University Application.
2. Request official transcripts
Request that your official transcripts be sent to SDSU, following instructions on our Submit Test Scores and Transcripts page.
3. Program application
Gather required items
Please gather the items below and have them ready to upload:
Please download and complete this Language Background form (PDF) with your application.
Please provide one example of your academic writing. Research or literature review papers are preferred. This requirement applies to all applicants.
Contact 3 individuals who you have interacted with professionally and who would be able to write a letter of recommendation for you. Recommenders will submit their letters directly into the Online Program application.
In a 1-page, double-spaced essay, please explain:
- Why you wish to become a student in the Master of Science in Child Development
- Any experience you have which you believe makes you an especially qualified applicant for a graduate degree program in Child Development
- Your research interests and which faculty you may be interested in working with
- Your future career goals and how this degree will help you achieve them
Submit your program application online
Access the Online Program Application
- Your program application has been created in a system called Interfolio. For help, refer to this Interfolio Tutorial (PDF).