Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.) Elementary and Secondary Education Online Program Application
On this page: Learn how to apply to the Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.) Elementary and Secondary Education Online Program.
NOTE: You apply for fall 2020 even though the program starts in the summer.
Steps to Apply
Follow the steps below to apply to the Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.) Elementary and Secondary Education Online Program:
- You must first apply to the California State University system via Cal State Apply.
- Next, request official transcripts from your Bachelor's degree and all credential coursework.
- Then, submit the Program application for the Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.) Elementary and Secondary Education Online Program.
1. Cal State Apply
For assistance, see Tips on Completing the Cal State Apply University Application.
2. Request official transcripts from your Bachelor's degree and all credential coursework.
Request that your official transcripts be sent to SDSU, following instructions on our Submit Test Scores and Transcripts page.
3. Apply to the Program
Submit the program application and required documents as directed below:
Please gather the items below and have them ready to upload:
Why do you want a Master’s degree?
Please type your statement and it should be one page in length.
We recommend uploading the document in PDF format.
Contact 1 individual who you have interacted with professionally and who would be able to write a letter of recommendation for you. Recommenders will submit their letters directly into the Online Program Application.
Access the Online Program Application
- Your program application has been created in a system called Interfolio. For help, refer to this Interfolio Tutorial (PDF).