Master's in Education, Special Education: Autism (M.A.) Program Application
Learn how to apply to the Master's in Education, Special Education: Autism (M.A.).
Steps to Apply
1. Submit the Cal State Apply application
For assistance, see Tips on Completing the Cal State Apply University Application.
2. Request official transcripts
Request that your official transcripts be sent to SDSU, following instructions on our Submit Test Scores and Transcripts page.
GRE Requirement Suspended for Spring and Fall 2021
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, SDSU has suspended the requirement that applicants for graduate study submit GRE scores for the Spring and Fall 2021 admissions cycle. If you have any questions about this policy, please contact the program advisor.
3. Submit the Program application
Please gather the required items below and have them ready to upload to the Program application:
Upload a 300- to 500-word essay describing:
- Your philosophy of education
- Your reasons for applying to this program
- Your potential for succeeding in an advanced degree program in Special Education
Contact 2 individuals who you have interacted with both academically and/or professionally and who would be able to write a letter of recommendation for you. Recommenders will submit their recommendations directly into the Program Application.
As of 10/7/2020 these letters have been changed from required to optional in the application. You can either upload scanned copies of letters you already have int he "Additional Documents" section of the Interfolio Program application or you can use the "request" feature within the application to request that your receommenders upload the letter(s) to your application.
These courses can be completed as pre-requisites or taken during the program. You will indicate in the Program application how you plan to complete these.
- SPED 527: Special Education in a Pluralistic Society (or equivalent)
- SPED 553: Behavioral Strategies and Support (or equivalent)
Access the online Program Application
- Your program application has been created in a system called Interfolio. For help, refer to this Interfolio Tutorial (PDF).