Master's in Education, Special Education: Autism (M.A.) Program Application
Learn how to apply to the Master's in Education, Special Education: Autism (M.A.).
Steps to Apply
Follow the steps below to apply to the Master's in Education, Special Education: Autism (M.A.) Program:
- You must first apply to the California State University via Cal State Apply.
- Next, request official transcripts.
- Then, submit the Program application for the Master's in Education, Special Education: Autism (M.A.) Program.
1. Cal State Apply
For assistance, see Tips on Completing the Cal State Apply University Application.
2. Request official transcripts
Request that your official transcripts be sent to SDSU, following instructions on our Submit Test Scores and Transcripts page.
3. Apply to the Program
Submit the program application and required documents as directed below:
Please gather the items below and have them ready to upload:
Upload a 300- to 500-word essay describing:
- Your philosophy of education
- Your reasons for applying to this program
- Your potential for succeeding in an advanced degree program in Special Education
Contact 2 individuals who you have interacted with both academically and/or professionally and who would be able to write a letter of recommendation for you. Recommenders will submit their recommendations directly into the Program Application.
Letters of recommendation are not required if you are a graduate of the SDSU special education credential program. You will have to request letters to be able to submit the Program Application, but they are not required to be submitted.
These courses can be completed as pre-requisites or taken during the program. You will indicate in the Program application how you plan to complete these.
- SPED 527: Special Education in a Pluralistic Society (or equivalent)
- SPED 553: Behavioral Strategies and Support (or equivalent)
Access the online Program Application
- Your program application has been created in a system called Interfolio. For help, refer to this Interfolio Tutorial (PDF).