Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.) in Math Ed and Science Ed Program Application
On this page: Learn how to apply to the one-year Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.) in Math Ed and Science Ed.
*Note: This program starts every other year. The next admission cycle will be for Fall 2020.
Steps to Apply
Follow the steps below to apply to the Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.) Math Ed and Science Ed Program:
- You must first apply to the California State University via Cal State Apply.
- Next, request official transcripts from your Bachelor's degree and all credential coursework.
- Then, submit the Program application for the one-year Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.) Math Ed and Science Ed Program.
1. Cal State Apply
For assistance, see Tips on Completing the Cal State Apply University Application.
Be sure to choose your degree type as Graduate and choose to apply to one of these program names:
- Teaching - Mathematics Education
- Teaching - Science Education
2. Request official transcripts from your Bachelor's degree and all credential coursework.
Request that your official transcripts be sent to SDSU, following instructions on our Submit Test Scores and Transcripts page.
3. Program application
Submit the program application and required documents as directed below:
Please gather the items below and have them ready to upload:
What are your immediate and long-term goals in mathematics/science teaching and learning, and how do you hope that this program will further those goals? (Do not exceed 2 double-spaced pages.)
We recommend uploading the document in PDF format.
Contact 1 individual who you have interacted with professionally and who would be able to write a letter of recommendation for you. Recommenders will submit their letters directly into the Online Program Application.
Access the Online Program Application
- Your program application has been created in a system called Interfolio. For help, refer to this Interfolio Tutorial (PDF).