Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.) Elementary and Secondary Education with a focus in Math and Science Program Application
*Note: This program starts every other year. The next admission cycle will be for Fall 2020.
Steps to Apply
Follow the steps below to apply to the Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.) Elementary and Secondary Education with a focus in Math and Science Program:
- You must first apply to the California State University via Cal State Apply.
- Next, request official transcripts.
- Then, apply to the Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.) Elementary and Secondary Education with a focus in Math and Science Program.
1. Cal State Apply
For assistance, see Tips on Completing the Cal State Apply University Application.
2. Request official transcripts
Request that your official transcripts be sent to SDSU, following instructions on our Submit Test Scores and Transcripts page.
3. Program application
Submit the program application and required documents as directed below:
Please gather the items below and have them ready to upload:
What are your immediate and long-term goals in mathematics and science teaching and learning, and how do you hope that this program will further those goals? (Do not exceed 2 double-spaced pages.)
We recommend uploading the document in PDF format.
Contact 1 individual who you have interacted with professionally and who would be able to write a letter of recommendation for you. Recommenders will submit their letters directly into the Online Program Application.
Access the Online Program Application--link will be available October 1, 2019
- Your program application has been created in a system called Interfolio. For help, refer to this Interfolio Tutorial (PDF).