Master's in Education, Special Education: Early Childhood (M.A.) Program Application
On this page: Learn how to apply to the Master's in Education, Special Education: Early Childhood (M.A.).
Steps to Apply
Follow the steps below to apply to the Master's in Education, Special Education: Early Childhood (M.A.) Program:
- You must first apply to the California State University via Cal State Apply.
- Next, request official transcripts.
- No additional application is required, but a few other documents may be needed (see below)
1. Submit Cal State Apply
For assistance, see Tips on Completing the Cal State Apply University Application.
- Note: You can apply to this Master's program and a Clear credential. Please choose the appropriate program name in the Cal State Apply application.
2. Request official transcripts
Request that your official transcripts be sent to SDSU, following instructions on our Submit Test Scores and Transcripts page.
Other Items Requested
- For this program you are NOT required to complete the additional program application. Instead, applicants must complete the Cal State Apply application and follow the directions below:
Letters of recommendation are only required if you did not attend SDSU for your preliminary credential. If you earned your preliminary SPED credential at a school other than SDSU, then please contact 2 individuals who you have interacted with professionally and who would be able to write a letter of recommendation for you. Please have these letters emailed to the admission staff at [email protected]
If you are applying to the Clear SPED credential program in addition to this Master's degree, note: Starting Fall 2018, employment verification will be required to enroll in the Special Education Clear Credential program. You must be employed as a "teacher of record." (Substitute teaching and aid positions will not meet this requirement.)