Tips on Completing the Cal State Apply University Application - Credential Applicants
Welcome! We are happy that you are applying to a College of Education program at SDSU!
Cal State Apply - Only 1 application for Preliminary Credential programs for Fall 2019 at SDSU.
This year, all the information required to apply to a preliminary credential program (such as Multiple Subject, Single Subject, Bilingual credentials and SPED credentials) will be included int he Cal State Apply application. The fourth box (quadrant 4) of this application has been developed to ask about all credential items (such as CBEST and CSET scores, narratives, video link, etc.). Please note that this is our second year with Cal State Apply.
Information that you can skip
You can submit Cal State Apply without entering all of the information in all sections (as described below), since you will provide this information in your Program Application.
- Transcript Entry: Applicants do NOT need to complete the Transcript Entry section. You can click on "I am not Adding any College Transcripts" to skip this section. See page 26 of the Graduate Application Tutorial (PDF).
- GPA Entry: You can also skip the GPA question by doing the following: Click on Add GPA and then select "I don't have a GPA to add." See page 27 of the Graduate Application Tutorial (PDF).
- Standardized tests: Credential applicants can use the button, "I don't have any test scores to enter," to skip this section.
These items are not required on the graduate application at SDSU.
- Experiences and Achievements: Applicants do NOT need to enter any information in Experiences or Achievements. Our faculty will not be reviewing this information in this application — instead they will review similar information in the Program Materials section of Cal State Apply. Please SKIP these sections by clicking on the button "I have not experiences to add" or "I have no Achievements to add."
- Statement of Purpose: For the Statement of Purpose, please just enter, "sent to department." You will provide your statement in the Program Materials (quadrant 4) of the Cal State Apply application.
Preliminary Credential program applicants will need to submit all the credential program requirements in this section (such as CBEST scores, CSET scores, narratives, video link, etc.). Please be sure to enter as much of this information as you have prior to submitting the Cal State Apply application.
- If you are just waiting on test scores, please submit the application and email in your test scores when they are available.
- Please request your letters of recommendation through this application early to provide your recommenders time to submit their letters by March 1st.
Please be sure that you have the correct program chosen BEFORE you request your letters of recommendation.
If you have to change the program to which you are applying, your letters of recommendation will be DELETED from your application and you will have to request them again.
This tutorial (PDF) can help all applicants applying for Graduate Admission at SDSU through the Cal State Apply application.
This tutorial (PDF) can help you complete the Program Materials quadrant required when applying to the following programs:
- Multiple or Single Subject credential
- Bilingual Multiple or Bilingual Single Subject credential
- Special Education credential (Early Childhood, Mild/Moderate, or Moderate/Severe)
Questions & Problems
Review instructions in What to do if your program does not appear on the list in Cal State Apply?? (PDF)
If you cannot submit your application and are receiving an error message, contact the Cal State Apply Technical Help Line at 857-304-2087.
Please be sure to have the CAS # assigned to your application for reference when you call.
Go to Cal State Apply
Link directly to Cal State Apply online.