Dual Language for Academic Literacy Certificate Program, How to Apply
Learn how to apply to the Dual Language for Academic Literacy Certificate Program.
How to Get Assistance
Steps to Apply
1. Submit the Cal State Apply application
For assistance, see Tips on Completing the Cal State Apply University Application.
2. Request official transcripts
Request that your official transcripts be sent to SDSU, following instructions on our Submit Official Transcripts page.
3. Submit the Program application
Gather required items
Gather the items below and have them ready to upload to the program application:
- Teaching Credential: You will be required to enter the Credential Document Number from your teaching credential. If you are in the process of finishing a credential program, you can enter the date when you will be finished. You must hold a Bilingual credential or World Languages: Spanish credential for this certificate.
- Statement of Purpose: Upload a 500-800 word writing sample (double-spaced with 12 point font) that addresses
- Your background or experiences working in diverse school and community settings
- How the certificate program can contribute to your further learning and development
- Your goals as a graduate student and educational professional
- Letter of Recommendation: Contact one individual whom you have interacted with professionally and would be able to write a letter of recommendation for you. Recommenders will submit their letters directly into the Online Program application.