Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.) K-12 Language Arts – Summer only Program Application
Learn how to apply to the Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.) K-12 Language Arts – Summer only Program.
NOTE: You apply for fall 2021 even though the program enrolls in the summer.
Steps to Apply
Follow the steps below to apply to the Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.) K-12 Language Arts – Summer only Program:
- You must first apply to the California State University via Cal State Apply.
- Next, request official transcripts from your Bachelor's degree and all credential coursework.
1. Cal State Apply
For assistance, see Tips on Completing the Cal State Apply University Application.
Items Needed to Complete the Cal State Apply Application
Please gather the items below and have them ready to upload to the Cal State Apply application in the Program Materials box/quadrant:
Please provide a statement of purpose to include:
- philosophy of education,
- three most important things you learned in your credential program, and
- why you are interested in the masters program.
Your essay should be two pages maximum, and use font size 12
We recommend uploading the document in PDF format.
Contact 1 individual who you have interacted with professionally and who would be able to write a letter of recommendation for you. Recommenders will submit their letters directly into the Online Program Application.
2. Request official transcripts from your Bachelor's degree and all credential coursework.
Request that your official transcripts be sent to SDSU, following instructions on our Submit Test Scores and Transcripts page.
GRE Requirement Suspended for Spring and Fall 2021
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, SDSU has suspended the requirement that applicants for graduate study submit GRE scores for the Spring and Fall 2021 admissions cycle. If you have any questions about this policy, please contact the program advisor.