Bilingual Added Authorization
How to Apply
Important Dates for Fall 2023
First Round of Admissions
|1. Cal State Apply application
(opens October 1 each year)
|February 1, 2023|
|2. Interfolio program application||February 2, 2023|
|3. Official transcripts due||March 1, 2023|
Second Round of Admissions
Steps 1-4: Admission to SDSU
Steps 1-4 must be completed through the SDSU Graduate Admissions Office.
Get help and tips on how to complete the Cal State Apply application.
Step 5: Submit the Program application
Your program application has been created in a system called Interfolio. For help, refer to this Interfolio Tutorial (PDF).
Gather Required Items
Gather the items below and have them ready to upload to the Interfolio program application:
- Teaching Credential: You will be required to enter the Credential Document Number from your teaching credential. If you are in the process of finishing a credential program, you can enter the date when you will be finished.
- Statement of Purpose: Write a Statement of Purpose essay based on this prompt -
- What are your professional goals, and how do you expect this graduate program to help you meet those goals?
- Your essay should be 2 pages maximum, using a size 12 font.
- Letter of Recommendation: Contact one individual who you have interacted with professionally and would be able to write a letter of recommendation for you.