Special Education Clear Credential & Master's Degree
How to Apply
Apply for a master's degree while clearing a teaching credential in special education.
If you are only interested in the clear credential, visit Special Education Induction Program (Credential Only).
Important Dates for Fall 2023
|1. Cal State Apply application
(opens October 1 each year)
|May 2, 2023|
|2. Official transcripts due||June 1, 2023|
1. Submit Cal State Apply Application
If you already hold a Preliminary or Level 1 Ed Specialist/Special Education credential, then you are eligible to apply to the Master's and Clear Credential Program through the Cal State Apply application. To do this, be sure to pick the correct program name in the Cal State Apply application that contains the Master's and credential combination you seek.
The following combinations are available:
- M.A. in Autism with a clear credential
- M.A. in Early Childhood with a clear credential
- M.A. in Mild Moderate with a clear credential
- M.A. in Moderate Severe with a clear credential
2. Request Official Transcripts
Request that your official transcripts be sent to SDSU. Follow instructions on Submitting Your Official Transcripts.
Get in Touch
Application Process Questions
- Christie Pearson, Credential Analyst: [email protected]