Special Education Induction Program (Clear Credential Only)
How to Apply
Apply to this program if you already hold a preliminary or level 1 education specialist credential and need to clear or renew it.
Interested in applying for a Master's degree along with the Clear Credential?
Important Dates for Fall 2023
|1. Cal State Apply application
(opens October 1 each year)
|May 2, 2023|
|2. Official transcripts due||June 1, 2023|
Steps to Apply
1. Submit Cal State Apply Application
2. Request Official Transcripts
Request that your official transcripts be sent to SDSU. Follow instructions on Submitting Your Official Transcripts.
We do NOT requiring a second Program Application for this credential program. Instead applicants must complete the Cal State Apply application and complete the following steps:
- Hold a valid California Preliminary or Level 1 Ed Specialist credential: Admissions staff will verify this with the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC).
- Letter of Recommendation: Letters of recommendation are only required if you did not attend SDSU for your preliminary credential. If you earned your preliminary SPED credential at a school other than SDSU, then please contact 2 individuals who you have interacted with professionally and who would be able to write a letter of recommendation for you. Have these letters emailed to the admission staff at: [email protected]
- Employment verification: Starting Fall 2018, employment verification will be required to enroll in the Special Education Clear Credential program. You must be employed as "teacher of record" — substitute teaching and aid positions will not meet this requirement.
Get in Touch
Application Process Questions
- Christie Pearson, Credential Analyst: [email protected]