Language and Cultural Competency
Learn about Preliminary Bilingual Credential admissions requirements for language and cultural competency.
All candidates must verify their Spanish language and cultural competency for entrance to the Bilingual Credential program. You can do this in one of 2 ways:
You must successfully pass both CSET LOTE (Language Other Than English) exams in Spanish: Subtests 3 and 5.
- Subtest 3 covers the Spanish language comprehension and expression in Listening, Reading, and Writing.
- Subtest 5 is more difficult and covers various contexts of Spanish around the world, including: Geographic, Historical, Sociopolitical, and Sociocultural concepts.
For languages other than Spanish, which are Mandarin or Arabic at this time:
- By Taking DLE 416 (take the correct section with focus on Arabic or Mandarin language)
- By passing the CSET LOTE exams:
- in Arabic, subtest 2 and 5
- in Mandarin, subtest 3 and 5
Questions? Please contact our advisors at [email protected] if you have specific questions.