School of Teacher Education
The School of Teacher Education (STE) prepares elementary, middle, and secondary teachers who learn how to teach the world-class California content standards and develop the skills necessary to be effective teachers in California’s culturally and linguistically diverse classrooms.
Credential candidates work in cohort groups and experience student teaching in K-12 classrooms of local schools with which we have well-established partnerships.
Note: Liberal Studies is an undergraduate program in the School of Teacher Education.
STE Academic Programs
Teacher credential programs
- Single subject (secondary grades 6-12)
- English, Mathematics, Science, Social Science, Art, Music Education
- Multiple subject (elementary K–6 education)
Clear induction program
- SDSU Induction Program for General Education Teachers (Fully Online)
Master's degree programs
- M.A. in Teaching for K-12 Language Arts Concentration (Summer only )
- M.A. in Reading and Language Arts w/Reading Specialist Credential
- M.A. in Teaching in Mathematics Education
- M.A. in Teaching in Science Education
- M.A. in Teaching: Elementary Education and Secondary Education (Online)
You Can Make a Difference!
These STE programs and initiatives need your support:
- Aztec Science Camp
- Center for Critical Thinking & Creativity
- Guide Teacher Excellence Award
- SDSU Literacy Center
- The Center for Visual Literacies