Katina Lambros, Ph.D.
Dr. Katina Lambros, PhD, BCBA-D, is the Director of the School Psychology Program at San Diego State University in the Department of Counseling and School Psychology. She is a School Psychologist and a Board Certified Behavior Analyst specializing in ecobehavioral assessment-intervention for academic and socio-emotional problems in school-aged populations.
Dr. Lambros directs Project BEAMS-Behavioral, Emotional and Mental Health Supports in Schools: Collaborative Practices to Improve Special Educator & School Psychologist Training, a 5-year $1.25 million dollar grant funded by the Office of Special Education. This project co-trains school psychologists and special educators to serve diverse students with behavioral, emotional, and mental health challenges in California's public schools. She also serves as the VCS of the approved BCBA course sequence in school psychology (sequence #4487).
Dr. Lambros’s research to date focuses on three broad areas: (1) improving mental health services and positive behavioral support in schools with an emphasis on students with emotional and behavioral difficulties; (2) promoting the use of evidence-based practices and data-based decision making in schools; and (3) increasing access to school-based service use and culturally responsive services for diverse learners.
- Paz, J. L., Lambros, K.M, & Lewis, S. (2021). Strengths-based approaches for assessing student well-being. In K. A. Allen, A. Reupert, & L. Oades (Eds.), Building Better Schools with Evidence-based Policy: Adaptable Policy for Teachers and School Leaders. New York, NY: Routledge. https://www.taylorfrancis.com/books/oa-edit/10.4324/9781003025955/building-better-schools-evidence-based-policy-kelly-ann-allen-andrea-reupert-lindsay-oades?refId=632274ab-eee7-4293-bb4a-6c1366715472
- Krier, J. & Lambros, K.M. (2020). Increasing Joint Attention and Social Play through Peer Mediated Intervention: A Single Case Design. Psychology in the Schools. https://doi.org/10.1002/pits.22460
- Ingraham, C. L., Paz, J. L., Lambros, K. M., Green, T. D. (2019). Multicultural supervision in school psychology: Innovations in training, approaches, and implementation. The Trainers’ Forum.
- Miller, A., Green, T., & Lambros, K.M. (2019). Foster parent stress: The need for systemic support and self-care. Children and Youth Services Review. DOI: 10.1016/j.childyouth.2019.01.014.
- Yeh, M., Lambros, K.M., Tsai, K. H., Zerr, A., Trang, D., McCabe, K. & Ganger, W. (2019). Multistakeholder Etiological Explanation Agreement and Adolescent/Parent Treatment Engagement. Journal of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology, DOI: 10.1080/15374416.2018.1520120
- Edwards, N., & Lambros, K.M. (2018). Video self-modeling as a reading fluency intervention for Dual Language Learners with disabilities. Contemporary School Psychology, 22(4), 468-478. DOI 10.1007/s40688-018-0207-9
- Gamble, B. E., & Lambros, K.M (2018). School-Based Mental Health Provider Perspectives on Social Capital Networks. American International Journal of Humanities and Social Science, 4(1), 7-14.
- Lambros, K.M., Kraemer, B., Wager, DJ., & Culver, S, Angulo, A & Saragosa, M. (2016). Students with dual diagnosis: Can school-based mental health services play a role? Journal of Mental Health Research in Intellectual Disabilities, 9(1), 3-23. DOI:10.1080/19315864.2015.1091055
[The information on this page is provided by the user and is not to be construed as an official statement by San Diego State University. The user takes full responsibility for the information presented.]