Jennifer Karnopp, Ph.D.
Dr. Jennifer Karnopp works with practitioners, researchers and students to enhance understandings of how to shape an educational system that meaningfully engages traditionally marginalized learners and their communities so that all students realize the positive outcomes of a quality, meaningful educational experience. Her research explores the intersection of leadership practice and organizational change for more equitable and inclusive educational systems. She is particularly interested in how routines and resource-access influence reform implementation; how local context shapes change processes; and inter-organizational approaches to change. Dr. Karnopp uses social network analysis as well as qualitative and mixed-methods research designs.
- Reigeluth, C. M., and Karnopp, J. R. (2020). Vision and action: Two sides of the coin for systemic change in educational systems. TechTrends. 64(5), 769-778. doi.org/10.1007/s11528-020-00528-x
- Karnopp, J. R. (2020). Ties that bind: Knowledge movement and tie formation in a regional principal’s learning network. Voices in Reform. 3(1), 55-76.
- Lochmiller, C.M. and Karnopp, J.R. (2020). Initiating a Network’s Renewal: Charting the Development of Reading Recovery’s Networked Improvement Community. Journal of Reading Recovery. Spring 2020, 27-34.
- Karnopp, J. R. (2019). Undoing reform: How and why one school leader cleared a shifting path to goal attainment. Qualitative Report, 24(11), 2675-2692.
- Lochmiller, C. R., & Karnopp, J. R. (2016). The politics of coaching assistant principals: Exploring principal control. International Journal of Mentoring and Coaching in Education, 5(3), 203-220.
- Reigeluth, C.M. and Karnopp, J. R. (2019). Vision and Action: Reinventing Schools through Personalized Competency-Based Education. Bloomington, IN: Marzano Resources.
- Reigeluth, C.M. and Karnopp, J. R. (2013). Reinventing Schools: It’s Time to Break the Mold. Lanham, MD: Rowman and Littlefield.
[The information on this page is provided by the user and is not to be construed as an official statement by San Diego State University. The user takes full responsibility for the information presented.]