Sera Hernandez, Ph.D.
- Language Policy and Practices (DLE 601)
- Multilingual Education: Theory and Practices for Biliteracy Teachers (DLE 515)
- Biliteracy: Teaching Language Arts (DLE 532)
- Skills Teaching Literacy to Bilingual Elementary Students (DLE 931)
- Skills in Teaching Literacy in the Secondary Bilingual Classroom (DLE 933)
- ELD/SDAIE Methodology in the Content Areas (DLE 915)
- 2013 Ph.D.Language, Literacy & Culture in Education, University of California, Berkeley
- Hernandez, S. (2015). In what ways can school policies limit the authentic involvement
of English language learners’/emergent bilinguals’ parents, and how can this be addressed? In G. Valdés, K. Menken, & M. Castro (Eds.), Common Core, bilingual and English language learners: A resource for educators (pp. 95-96). Philadelphia, PA: Caslon.
- Baquedano-López, P., Hernandez, S., & Alexander, R. A. (2014). Thinking through the de colonial turn in research and praxis in Latina/o parent involvement: Advancing new understandings of the home-school relation. In P.R. Portes, S. Salas, P. Baquedano López, & P. Mellom. (Eds.), U.S. Latinos and education policy: Research-based directions for change (pp. 16-34). New York: Routledge.
- American Educational Research Association
- American Anthropological Association
- California Association of Bilingual Education
- International Literacy Association
[The information on this page is provided by the user and is not to be construed as an official statement by San Diego State University. The user takes full responsibility for the information presented.]