Video Requirement - Bilingual
Credential Program Materials
You will be asked in the Program Materials section of Cal State Apply to upload a document with a video link, no longer than 2 minutes in length. Please select and respond to 2 of the 3 questions below. We invite you to respond to one of the questions in Spanish.
If you are applying to the Mandarin program, please submit the video in English only.
- What is something you wish you had experienced as a student in school that you are committed to providing for your future students?¿Qué experiencia desearía haber tenido como estudiante en una escuela que se compromete a proveer a sus futuros estudiantes?
- As an educator, talk about your view of diversity as it pertains to respect for children and adults of various cultural backgrounds, ethnicities, sexual orientations, social classes, political beliefs, genders, religious beliefs and disabilities.Como educador/
a, hable acerca de su punto de vista sobre la diversidad como pertenece al respeto hacia niños y adultos de diferentes culturas, etnicidades, orientaciones sexuales, clases sociales, creencias políticas, géneros, creencias religiosas, y discapacidades.
- How would you rate your Spanish language level? (Ex. Intermediate, Advanced, etc.) What differences do you notice between your speaking and writing abilities?¿Qué nivel daría usted a su español? (Intermedio, avanzado, etc.) ¿Cuáles diferencias nota usted entre sus habilidades orales y escritas?
In the application, you will need to upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo or you could choose to add it to your Google Drive and use the shareable link to provide in your application. Here are some tips to make sure your video is viewable by the faculty:
- Please be sure to provide us the actual URL/web address in your application. Do not link the URL to words (i.e Video ) as the system does not allow us to link to the video through words.
- Please make sure the link you share in your application is public or shareable so the faculty will be able to view this in your application.