How to Apply to a Graduate Program
We are happy that you're considering applying to a graduate program in the College of Education. Please review SDSU Graduate Admission Criteria before you proceed.
Most Graduate programs require 2 applications-- one to the University (Cal State Apply--step 1 below) and one to the program (Program application--step 4 below)--Applications for Fall 2022 open October 1, 2021
Use these steps to make sure you complete the application process for our programs:.
Complete Required Steps to Admission
All applicants are required to submit the Cal State Apply application to be considered for Graduate Admission at SDSU.
All application links needed to apply to our program are located on the Program Admission pages below. Please navigate to the page for the program you wish to apply to, to find all the links and information needed to apply.
We have worked hard to make this application straightforward and user friendly, but if you have any questions please contact your program coordinator or email [email protected]
- Link to a Cal State Apply Tutorial (PDF).
Find instructions on how to submit your official transcripts and test scores along with your application.
Some programs may also require GRE scores, but many no longer do.
To check the status of your transcripts (and GRE scores, if applicable), see SDSU WebPortal.
Apply to the program by submitting the correct program application
Start by finding your program, directly below, and following the links to complete your program application and provide requested documents. All links are program specific, so be sure you are on the correct Admissions page before starting the Program application. Also, verify that the front page of the Program application (Interfolio) indicates the program you are applying to. You cannot "Google" Interfolio to access the program application--you must start on the link on the pages below.
If you have any questions please contact your program coordinator or email [email protected]
Submit Program Application and Required Documents
Important: Each Program application is program specific. Be sure to navigate to the correct program admission page PRIOR to starting a program application. After you begin, you will not be able to change the program to which you are applying, but will instead need to start a new application.
To find your Program application, navigate to the program to which you are applying below and the required application links will be provided on the program admission page along with information about required documents:
Doctoral & educational specialist degree programs
- Doctor in Education (Ph.D.) - Joint Doctoral Program SDSU/ Claremont Graduate University
- Educational Leadership: Concentration in PK-12 School Leadership (Ed.D.)
- Educational Leadership: Concentration in PK-12 School Leadership with Science and Math Focus (Ed.D.)
- Educational Leadership: Concentration in Community College/Postsecondary Education Leadership (Ed.D.)
- School Psychology (Ed.S.)
Administration, Rehabilitation, and Postsecondary Education
- Postsecondary Educational Leadership: Specialization in Student Affairs (M.A.)
- Rehabilitation Counseling (M.S.)
Child and Family Development
- Child Development (M.S.)
- Child Development (M.S.) with a Concentration in Early Childhood Mental Health and LPCC
Counseling and School Psychology
- Marriage and Family Therapy (M.S.)
- Multicultural Community Counseling (CBB) (M.S.)
- Online M.A. in Education with a Concentration in Counseling (plus Graduate Certificate in Mental Health Recovery & Trauma-Informed Care)
- School Counseling (M.S.) plus Pupil Personnel Services Credential
Dual Language and English Learner Education
- Master's in Education, Dual Language and English Learner Ed: Critical Literacy and Social Justice Specialization (M.A.)
- Master's in Education with a Concentration in Educational Leadership and a Specialization in PreK-12 (M.A.)
- Master's in Education with a Concentration in Teacher Leadership (M.A.)
- Master's in Education, Special Education: Autism (M.A.)
- Master's in Education, Special Education: Early Childhood (M.A.)
- Master's in Education, Special Education: Mild/
- Master's in Education, Special Education: Moderate/